Tuesday 10 March 2015

Hitting the Reset Button

I’ve had a stressful month. I had a minor accident with my brand new Audi which has required dealing with three insurance companies and a body shop. A new house is being built next door to mine which not only causes all kinds of noise disruption while I work from my home office but has also been causing damage to my property and the landscaping I’ve laboured over the last few years. I’ve traveled to Toronto twice for business in a month, completely throwing off my eating and working schedule. I’ve had three family visits, which while nice, also get me out of my routine. I had a knee injury that took me off the slopes and out of my ski training.

I feel like everything has gone off the rails. And as usually happens to me the first thing to go is my diet. I have not been following my new habits and thus feel heavy, puffy, and frustrated.

It’s time to hit the reset button and get back on track. Before adding any further habits I need to revisit the four habits I have already introduced and make sure I am following them closely.

So to revisit I am going to focus on the four habits I’ve introduced so far:

1) Eliminate nutrient lacking junk food from my diet, specifically chips, candy, chocolate, and pop
2) Stop eating when I’m full
3) Enjoy eating well at restaurants, making it a game to choose the healthiest options
4) Not eat when the TV is on


It’s time to make my health the priority it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment